View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 12:03 AM   #98
watahyahknow

Re: My 1954 Chevy PickUp-truck

funny thing that with dealing with american companies from overseas , for some reason im getting the impression that some of them use the overseas orders to dump there damaged stuff or stuff they have laying on the shelves but dont fit because they know we cant return it as eazy .
i ordered lugnuts for a '77 1 ton chevrolet dually pickup and got wheelnuts for a toyota and they cant see there the wrong ones .....
i do understand that some companies are weary for anything abroad , i got a mail from africa once too with text like do i have the deal for you friend .
yes stuff is more expensive so we apreciate it a lot more if we got the right part the first time around if the company or its employees run the extra mile to insure we get our goods right the first time customers will come , you be suprized how many european carnuts ask on european fora's for info on better partsuplyers for american parts than those they have now .
i know that a lot of the american cars running here are a mix match made out of different part so its logical that some parts dont fit but i haven't gotten a good part yet ..... or sumtin that resembles a GM part for that matter
the only reason i would at times wish i lived in the states is to be able to find parts in every junkyard and being able to go back to o reily when sumtin doesnt fit to exchange it and the wide open space yo have there

sorry for the rant but i had some realy bad encounters with some american companies that didnt kept to there word even after paying the full price and only started moving after i whent there to stir things up

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 12-26-2009 at 12:20 AM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote