View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #179
NEWFISHER

Re: Lets see your truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Very nice Newfisher! Four link?
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=642889

I wish! No room. A parallel crashes into the inner wheel house skirting on the upper bar and a triangulated 4 crashes into the fuel tank. Sure, I could cut up the Suburban ( waaaay different than a truck from the B pillar back) inner panels or relocate the fuel tank then fill the body hole and refinish the side, but I wanted to have the least amount of collateral damage with the most drop mechanically possible. The tires are housed in outer fenders and can only go so low unless the fenders are moved up on the body and lower fenders are fabricated to match up with the boards. Chizzler did some of this on his truck build. So far sitting in my garage are A tri 4 link system, a parallel 4 link system, 2 different watts links and a 68 c-10 crossmember with trailing arms and adjustable pan hard. It's tough to visualize all of these when laying in bed on the computer and the burb 35 miles away at work

I ended up using some rock crawl world parts, some home brew stuff, firestone bags and a V2 Airlift system. The pan hard bar is 42" long and has a pair of 2-5/8" Johnny joints that are bushed, rebuildable and crazy flex. The 2 link bars are 44" long and have Dodge 1 ton bushings up front with the rears welded to spring plates. I am using a 2inch block ontop of these. I will get some pics once the paint dries.

Last edited by NEWFISHER; 10-28-2014 at 08:19 PM.
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote