View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #104
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

little update

got alot of parts the last few weeks
my order from LMC has arived headlights halogen sadly seal beam wanted with bulbs oh well they where only 9 dollers a piece.
tail gate lights, hood release cabel, lower coolent hose, headlight addjuster screws 8pc, door locks and a new left side marker old was damaged, the 4 point mirror i ordered and thought it was a set but was only one lol nice quality stain less steel expet the mirrior part it self needs mods to fit what can you expect from universal mirror for 29 bucks lol just got order the second one now.

got all 4 brake shoes reshoed cheap and roters turned
repacked the bearings in tge hubs and new seals (timkin).
got new O-rings for Oil coolers pipes/hoses and hydroboost hoses 15 in total

also scored these remote control tire presure and heat sensors from old rims we where cleaning out the atic at work also got the display just forgot it at work. think this is a great little detail

pics of my seats got to get them sent out for a rebuild just looking for the right shop with the right price also want heat build into them theres nothing better in the winter time

What is the wire for ????

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.

Last edited by GmtGmt; 08-26-2010 at 01:41 PM.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote