View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #109
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: 1991 V3500 Project Heavy Hauler

WOW! 12,700! That’s heavy, unless you were on a Canadian scale . The funny thing is it isn’t even squatting that badly. Got to love K30s

Glad you finally got your paint. Not sure if you are planning to paint the center console or not but I haven’t had any luck with any of the SEM products on the center console (or Duplicolor for that matter). SEM works great everywhere else (door panels, dash, kick panels, sun visors, etc.) but whatever plastic the console is made out of nothing will stick to it. Everything just scratches off like a lottery ticket. I’ve tried a couple different SEM paints/dyes and well as prep products. The console looks horrible right now after a year of off-road travel so I was thinking of buying some vinyl that matches the seats to cover the console with. Not what I would prefer to do but maybe the only way to keep that damn console dark gray instead of its molded light gray. One thing about it, when it is time to repaint console it is easy to get the old paint off. Just spray it down with the power washer and all the SEM paint flies right off
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote