View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lets See Those K/5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEISS View Post
Here's my '91, bone stock other than the slots.
I like it that way. Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomad75 View Post
I'll bite...

Been a work in process, but finally getting to wheel it. Here's a shot midway through our annual snow run on New Year's day. With my K5's big brother, Larry's polar bear burb.

It wheel's like a beast too. I'm totally loving the detroit Tru-trac up front.
I'm glad to see your Blazer out hangin' with "the boys" once again. I'm a big Tru-Trac fan, too. Been around since before all these other traction devices and still better
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleszkie View Post
Its all about function and durability. No pun intended, but its a real sleeper when it comes to on- and off-road performance. You wouldn't know it to look at the Blazer, but the interior is very nice and complete parchment and sandalwood combo with matching plaid and wood paneling in the camper. Underneath is a Dodge Dana 60 front axle and GM 14 Bolt full-floating axle in the rear, both with ARB air lockers and hydroboost powered disc brakes. Under the hood sits a built, fuel injected 400 SBC mated to an SM465/NP205 combo. A Gear Vendors overdrive hangs off the back of the NP205.

The camper sleeps three easily on the cab-over bed and couch that folds out into a bed. Its got a propane furnace, two burner propane stove, 10 gallon water tank, sink and faucet, and I replaced the old three-way frig with an ARB AC/DC frig/freezer. It has power hook-up for 110V service, and outlets inside to plug appliances into. I also installed a 5000 BTU window air conditioning unit in the rear facing window that I power with a 2000 watt generator. I can, and have spent weeks living out of the Blazer with my wife and 5-year old son. Its redneck, but I wouldn't do it any other way.
It's what's inside that counts and yours has it. When I had three K/20s (well, one K2500) the plan was for the GMC to be the camper hauler. I wanted to find a Four Wheel Camper for it, but those don't exist back East. I want to go get one. That is the reason I went ahead and parted out my C/20 camper truck. It was where it was "needing" and my heart was more into an off road capable rig I could haul kayaks up to on and still tow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57NAPCO View Post
This is one I used to have, sold it to a fella up in Canada. I did a fly and drive with my daughter out to Las Vegas. She drove it the whole way home, 1500 miles.
Very very nice one! When I lived near Flagstaff I bought up a few trucks. I had my nose in the Truck Trader every week. Then ended up coming back East, but thought I'd be back. I left a few trucks with a friend and they ended up stranded there since I didn't move back. In '89 I took my family on a SW travel vacation in the '71 Custom Camper. I had a couple trucks lined up to sell and brought the Blazer back, with my wife driving the camper truck. What an epic trip for the kids (and me) to always remember.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-06-2017 at 10:06 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote