View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 03:33 AM   #240
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Haven't updated here in a while.

Since the raptor liner was done at the shop, I had been driving at lunch while at work. What I found on the last couple of runs with it was that once it got up to temp the engine would start cutting out like mad. To keep it brief, I discovered the coolant was low and causing it to start running hot. This forced the mefi4 system into a self protection mode. Filled it back up and it went back to normal. The loss of the coolant came from the radiator. There was a spot on the tank where it is soldered to the core that it was leaking from.

So with the leak happening the plan was scrapped for me to drive it home from Canon City. Larry came up and snatched it with the trailer and brought it back to his place. I pulled the radiator over there and had a local shop in Canon repair it. Larry stuffed it back in this week as he's been on a bit of a wrench bender for the last few days.

Plan is to drive it back to my place tomorrow to let me start picking away at my list of stuff to do. Thank goodness the sun is staying up later every day so I can have some light to work by when I get home from the shop.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote