View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 AM   #159
884x4Sub
p p pullin'

Smile Re: How about some pics of Blazers, Jimmy's & Burbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1970 View Post
Seems sort of a shame to start messing with a clean low mile original? Couldn't you find one for cheap needing all the work you are planning an doing anyway? Keep that nice one for a occasional driver.
I'm not telling you not to do what you want , just seems like a waste.

But if you are planning on changing the interior around I know someone that would be real interested in all four of those non-power blue door panels...
the truck has had one paintjob, its very easy to tell it was originally the not overly exciting medium blue of the day and I'll be keeping the blue interior, I'll probably put late model blue cloth buckets and console as there is very little storage and no cupholders whatsoever in the truck.....I'll keep the stock bench so I can put it back if I want......

to be brutally honest the stock motor of what 165 - 175hp in a 6000lb truck is so slow its almost laughable, how GM could rate that truck to pull 10,000lbs with that motor is beyond me, with 7500 youd be doing 25 - 30 at the top of a big hill....not really safe....I wouldnt want to tow 5000 with it the way it is.......we pile everybody in the truck and pull my 9000lb 29ft Fever to the lake every weekend......in my 88 the chassis was fine, amazing actually, fully loaded you could eat your burger and fries while crusing along at 60 if you wanted, the 350 tbi needed more HP though no question......Im in a 80s timewarp.......a mint 85' truck will be pulling a mint 89' boat......wheres crocket & tubbs !!