View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 11:28 PM   #41
jeffahart

Re: What is the problem with a shop doing your restoration ?

Lots of variability too. A shop that did good work last year could be trying to push through too much stuff or just no paying attention or whatever. That's why recommendations are hard to follow also. But hey, if don't want to do the work then you pay and work the process. I'm pretty handy but some things just frustrate the heck out of me. Here's one for you, that I'm suffering right now. I sent my license plates to a guy in Texas to have them refurbished. I even posted his company on this site saying how great my plates look. Well, the black started clouding over and apparently he clear coated the plates or something. But guess what... he did the lettering over the clear coat that went to crap and lettering is pealing off with the clear coat. And the lettering is the hard part. So... in light of my situation, and where I posted above, pay and keep the economy going it's all good.. blah blah blah. Well now I'm mad and repainting the plates myself. Not what I'm good at our where I want to spend my time. But I don't really want to get crapped on again. I had to buy new tags to on use the front plate as well... oh and the front plate clouding over also. I don't mean to scare you off. But you do need to work the process once you hire someone. And the when the paint peels off you come back here and rant a bit!