View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #33
Willowrun

Re: Lets See Those K/5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
A perfect sampling of the earlier K/5s! You've got variety on different levels. I like them all as they are.
Thank you! None of them are perfect, and all of them have repairs/upgrades that need to be done.

As seen in the pics, I use them in the dunes several times a year and with that comes wear and tear that needs to be addressed after a couple years of use in the sand. I built the '79 specifically for use at the dunes and I feel like I finally have a good setup for the Gen 2's when it comes to "comfort and performance". I say it that way because a stock Bronco rides like a Cadillac compared to these short, leaf sprung K5's in the dunes.

The '72 and '73 are retired from dune duty for the next several years and the '75 will go under the knife next. It will get the same lift/tire combo as the '79, a family cage I have left over from a different project, all new steering components, the interior will be fixed up/cleaned including sound/heat proofing, and the motor will be resealed and tuned. All of this will be done while trying to keep as much of the originality and character is currently has.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote