View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: scrap trucks pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Start hoarding now while you can. I have seen some really nice parts trucks at the scrap yard. It's easy to see why at those prices.
I had a guy catch me in the road, hey you want to sell those old cars and trucks back there? He was looking at google earth or drove on my neighbors property, not sure? anyway, I said yeah I might sell if the price is right. He said I usually offer $50 to $100 depending on how much they weigh.
Dude,
I got a 67, 68 camaro, 2 67-72 classic swb chassis, a 67 short step, 70 cst 3/4 and a 69 GMC. $100 ea.? really? Mind you they need restored but I think I will keep them.
Had a similar thing happen just last Wednesday, normally I keep the back gate locked up tight but I had been moving some stuff around so it was wide open. So this tweeker looking dude come's walking in asking if I would be interested in selling any of the trucks and when I ask him which one, he says any of them that are complete with motors, trans and radiators... he starts pointing at a couple of the trucks (which both were BB running trucks)... then in the same breath/sentence says he'd pay up to $250. each, with a cool head I say nope, not interested in selling anything at that price and then he starts asking what I was thinking I just said nothing is for sale . As I am closing & locking the gate behind him, I thought about telling him that I could get his offer out of just a few brackets or pullies... but I didn't. Mel
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote