View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #18
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Re: May 2007 - Truck of the Month

Can I get in on this?

(Copied/pasted from this thread)

Gentlemen, I present my daily driven (70 miles round trip to work & back) Chevrolet C10 step side.

It's got a Vortec 350 with a turbo 350 transmission, mismatched tires, 3/4" plywood for bed wood, and the all important Indian Blanket $20.00 seat cover. The one you see on it is actually the newer one. The wife made me replace it before she would ride in it. There are rust holes in the fender, cab corners, and inner fenders. It looks like the tailgate metal actually separated from the latch and the PO (original owner who used this for a landscape business) booger-welded it back together. There's a cut down, bent-up, rusty-assed step bumper of unknown vintage booger-welded to the frame. I did manage to get all the leaks fixed except for a nasty steering box leak that made the side of the truck look like some kind of a leopard, and the bottom of the driver's inner fender look like I drove through a tar pit. If you look closely at the carpet, there's a giant oil stain where the pressure gauge line popped off one day and sprayed the carpet with really hot oil.

Pics (more in this thread)

The rust spot on the front driver's side of the hood is the only place on this truck I've ever washed. A couple months later, it started to rust.

Nice rusty fender

A good shot of my rusty rear step fenders and the ugliest bumper in existence

P.O. (original, at that) tried his hand at re-welding where the tailgate sheetmetal separated at the latch. Notice it's still separated at the bottom

Cab corner dents and rust holes, and check out the leopard spots from the power steering fluid leak

Check out that oil stain on the center hump

Completely original door panel (hard to believe - I know) and probably $25.00 worth of change in the door panel pocket. That's a great look.

Last edited by killthewabbit; 05-19-2007 at 10:45 PM.