View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 09:47 AM   #115
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

I will start off by saying this was very scary to me and I hope I did it right! What I did was measure exactly the same as the 4x4 donor frame then drop it down 1". I hope this will work out. For some reason drilling this 2" hole with my hole saw and little dewalt drill took 45 min and lots of breaks. The other side took like 15 but I used my giant milwuakee drill.

This was a good feeling. I am worried about the rear shackle angle. However, not a lot I can do without all the weight on it.

I also finally opened up the 79 rear diff to see what gears it had so I would know what gears my Dana 60 has. Turns out it is 4.10's which is exactly what my 88s stock gears where so no worries about not matching gears anymore.

One thing I could really use some HELP on is the engine crossmember. Most threads I have read people used DIY4x crossmember or something other than oem stuff. I am having problems with fitment so I will need to figure out what to do here.

I wanted to see what it would need to take to get this thing level so I threw some temporary blocks on the back.. I hate blocks and doing this motivates me to buy what I need whether it is 4" springs or the shack flip kit which is way too expensive now a days. I may just make my own.

I feel like once all the weight is on it will sit somewhat level but I tell you, it is a heck of a lot taller than I thought! Which isn't bad or good but still shocking me at this point.

2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote