View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #115
JohnJ@RideTech

Re: Ridetech 4-Link Coil-Over Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Nice work on the install video John. What are the advantages and benefits of this system over the Street Grip?
Thanks man, that was my small screen debut..Ive been rejecting calls to come to the Academy Awards for a couple of days now.

The StreetGrip system was designed to replace old, worn out OE parts with components that were designed to not only give you a lowered ride height but to also give a drastic improvement in overall ride quality and handling. The StreetGrip system was designed for daily driving with some occasional autocross use. This kit really shines out on the street, it sticks on the back roads with very little body roll and rides like a car out on the highway. Its a nice combination of street and performance use.

The coilover kit is a little more aggressive. Our new coilover kit was designed to handle whatever you wanted to throw at it. Factory small block? Easy Peasy. High HP LS engine? No problem. This kit really shines out on the track.
It stays flat in the corners, level in the straightaways but wont beat up your Grandpa when you drive to the local cruise in. The ride quality is adjustable with the HQ coilovers (same as StreetGrip with the HQ shocks) but spring rate can be dialed in based off of your intended use.

I have driven the same truck with both kits and ride quality is superior to any other lowered C10 that I have driven. I don't think you will be disappointed with either one in regards to that. It really all comes down to intended use and what you are planning on doing with the truck. If you want nice ride quality, a more aggressive stance and want to do it all with OE style components, the StreetGrip kit is A1 hands down. If you want ride quality, adjustability and components that will handle whatever you throw at it, look no further than the coilover kit.
Office: 812-482-2932
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Instagram: @ridetech_john
JohnJ@RideTech is offline   Reply With Quote