Thread: 6 lug to 5 lug
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Robznob11

Re: 6 lug to 5 lug

I ordered my axles from moser for 300 they are non tapered and 40% stronger. while I was at it I ordered mine with the 5 on 4 3/4 car bolt pattern because you can get wide wheels like drag lights for that bolt pattern. also you can find a lot of used car wheels but truck wheels not so much unless you are going with new style 20s or something. I bought a set of 11x2 rear drums for a late 60 muscle car don't remeber the model but the napa # ended in 1060. I had to enlarge the 7/16 holes to 1/2 because I also opted for 1/2 screw in racing studs. I did this because I wanted the widest tires possible on the back with out narrowing the rear. You can get car wheels 12 wide with a 7.5 bs wich will allow you to stuff a 18.5 mt under there if you want. I know this is not what you are asking but you will have more than 300 in a different rear by the time you swap it and moser will give you a part much stronger and will slip right in. Im happy I went that route. not to mention after reasearching my 68 axle is nearly as narrow as any of the car axles. and there was no welding involved. just my .02 if you go with the truck bolt pattern you can use 71-72 rear drums. they already have your measurements you just need to tell them your lug options
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote