View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 01:59 AM   #41
caseyjones

Re: 1964 C10 Survivor

Thrashed all weekend to beat the bad weather. I pulled the bed off, got it set up on stands and supported, battled the driveshaft and eventually won, and disconnected fuel/brake/wiring/exhaust. I had marked my cuts on Friday night so I double-checked them and then...

I didn't take many pictures of the process because 1) I'm terrible at stopping to take pictures and 2) the process is very well documented already. I didn't really do anything differently than the Brothers Trucks kit would tell you to do. I used the CPP frame channels and I had to trim about 3" off each to fit between a rivet for the suspension crossmember and the parking brake crossmember.

I spent all morning reattaching the cab mounts, lining up the frame and drilling bolt holes. This afternoon I cut and re-flared the brake line, bled the brakes (and forgot to put in the prop valve stopper so had to reset the valve, doh!) and rolled it back out to install the bed.

Even before this work, the passenger rear corner of the bed sat high. Now with the shorter wheelbase and bed it's really obvious. I'm going to have to take it to a frame shop to get this fixed. The drivers side body lines are aligned. The passenger side bed matches up to to the cab but then takes off toward the sky from there. The cab is the same distance off the frame on both rear corners, so it's gotta be the frame.

I'm waiting on my buddy to modify my new transmission's bearing retainer but I can splice the exhaust pipe back together and get the parking brake system all put back together in the meantime. And I have a set of 2" lowering blocks ready to go in...

Last edited by caseyjones; 11-02-2020 at 02:06 AM.
caseyjones is offline   Reply With Quote