View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
cobra_4

Project Ole Blue:'72 SWB

Picked up another truck the other day. After a couple of years of big plans and never working on my '69 (see project thread HERE) I decided it was time to cut losses on it and move onto something a little more road worthy. Plus it was a pretty sweet deal.

The truck had been sitting up for a while, but at one time was supposed to be a pretty nicely built 350, that's about all I know about it right now until I get it home. Anyway, its still mated to the three speed, but its been moved to the floor, which is cool with me. Its rough around the edges, needs some metal in all the usual spots.

I dig the blue because of a couple reason's. The first 68-72 C10 I ever road in was a blue '72 my dad traded a 1957 Chevrolet for(+ money) at a swap meet years ago when I was like three years old. Number two we had a mid 80's roll back for years that was blue. And number three the one that got away was this '68 I used to own. CST, steering, brakes. Nothing nice, but it ran and drove AWESOME. I loved this truck.

Anyway, speaking of steering and brakes, this is a power steering and brake truck, so that's a plus. The plans are to drive the thing, just kind of as a cool old truck. No plans to make a show queen out of it or anything like that. I dig the patina on the paint and plan to add to it. I have a blog/website that I do event coverage on, I'm thinking of lettering it up with my logos in old patina style. Another thought is to letter it up with the chevy dealership logos in town that closed in the 70's. I don't know, time will tell.

Its at my buddies shop right now, I had him get it running for me, tune it up, swap in a new gas tank(came with the truck) and put on a new edelbrock carb I already had(something had used the quadrajunk for a nest of some sort) simply because I just didn't have the time to fool with it. A running, driving truck is much more exciting and easy to work on!

I'll post more pictures when I get it home, hopefully this weekend. I'l be doing tons of small cosmetic and mechanical upgrades along the way.
Late model bed, smoothed engine bay, digital dash, custom interior CLICK HERE for pictures
cobra_4 is offline   Reply With Quote