View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 08:05 PM   #8
Ramjet51

Re: Ramjet51 67 SBFS BUILD

Thanks for the comment #rustytruck50. This is my first attempt, so stay tuned for multiple mistakes....fri- sun we trimmed the lower cab and donor cab top, made decisions on where to cut. I've read that many people say to cut at different angles, don't do a straight cut, so my brother layed out the cuts for me and I just provided the labor for the cuts...you can see the "notch" on the inside of the A pillar in one photo and some of our seams. We made the front cut between the two lower dash mounting bolts and the upper dash mounting bolt, making a template plate matching the holes. Once both cabs were cut we kept trimming until the upper bolt hole matched. We pretty much did the same for the rear, just used a bracket to Match the door rubber bumper above the door striker on the cab body...then trimmed the back until we could slip a bolt from the template into the cab...yea, this is a lot of effort, but I think that the two cabs are matched very close, of course professionals wouldn't take this much time nor approach...but then again two no talents in a diesel 4x4 would have charged me 120 shop hours...
Attached Images