View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 11:53 AM   #91
phillipm

Re: 78 2wd Blazer - LS Swap and more..

Just a small update. I ran over to my buddies house and picked up an extra pair of leaf springs he had in his shed. Well, they are much longer than the one that I've got! Like 4" longer! So, I decided to just pull one leaf out of his pack and add to mine in an effort to raise the truck a couple inches.. I'm not sure if 1 leaf will do it so I'll just have to trial and error it I think. I was only got one side done last night but this weekend I will get the other side done as well. before I left I sprayed the other side with PB blaster so it should all come apart easily. Side note, someone installed the front spring eye bolts before they put the body on the frame so the bolts were going the wrong direction. Nothing surprises me any more...

I also got around to slash cutting my tail pipes. I had left them just straight and long while I confirmed that their placement would work..

Another project I'm working on is adding a small panel in the console to hold a couple cigarette chargers and a USB charger. I also have an XM roady head unit that I'd like to mount on here. Once it's all don'e I'll sand blast it and paint it the same color as the console.

Last edited by phillipm; 09-21-2017 at 12:41 PM.
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote