View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #140
Grizz1963

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

JUST TO SHOW THAT MARTIN STILL HAD A LOAD OF TRUCK TIME.

Even if it was not his own truck

As a follow on to last nights report on getting all the recycled skirting boards planed and thicknessed I thought I would unpack them this morning before packing them away in their spot under my motorbike trailer which just happened to be out over the weekend delivering a bike for a friend of mate Martin's

The shortest three to the right are the exact length of the truck bed, and the width they make up is again the exact width I need.

Clearly they need to be processed and cut etc when the time comes.

Today was time to attack some of the trucks wiring that must have been done by a blind badger with a crooked walking stick on a night with not much moon shining.

Mate martin had to return my trailer, and also wanted to join Nicola and I on our weekly bootfair trip. But of course we usually leave home between 06.00 and 06.15 as the first one is about 12 miles from home.
Martin was unhooking the trailer by 06.15 and I pushed it though to the garage while he reversed his tool laden car down to the garage.
By 06.25 we had a quick cuppa tea and then went to three bootfairs, getting home by 10.30 for a quick breakfast, an then down to the garage.
Martin managed a nice little haul, including an unused gravity feed spray gun for his primer work @ £5.00 and a complete, unused Airbrush kit for £4.00
We each also bought two 500ml cans of red gloss enamel spray paint for our truck springs, the result below.

The main reason for Martin coming over was to help me identify why my passenger indicator had gone on the blink again (well, it did not blink anymore)

While he was at that job, I did a load of other odd jobs in the garage.

It soon became clear that the truck did not have side lights, which in the case of my truck are both in the bonnet.

So after a load of testing, breaking old oxidized wires and also finding the one fitting was useless, Martin went home to take Amanda, his other half out grocery shopping etc, returning three hours later with his spare fitting to use so that we could get a bi-filament globe fitted.
Unfortunately, both fittings were so buggered that he had to solder small tabs onto the bulbs so that they would make sufficient contact to be functional. After which he renewed some of the wiring which was broken.

This left us at 19.30 with working indicators, side lights etc.

Through the day we also solved another few problems of my and his rebuilds.

These are the fittings we now need to find replacements for from the USA.

And so a greatly productive weekend came to and end.

Next weekend is MOT time, and I do hope the truck will pass its test.

SO A MASSIVE THANK YOU MATE !!!!!
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote