View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 01:38 AM   #144
mjh1965

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
There are so many interesting builds on here it’s hard to keep up with them all. So being alone today I spent a couple of hours going through your entire build. It’s very impressive seeing the amount of difficulties and hardships that must be overcome to rebuild these American classics in another country. It just goes to show what enthusiasm and teamwork can accomplish. Love the build so far. I’ll be checking in more often now.

The previous owner must have really had a thing for yellow!
Thanks Mark . Yes I think he loved yellow as well .
The hardest thing I have had to overcome is the space issue , which has then meant needing to build a mini workshop and that all Adds extra cost onto my build.
It's also got me a good friend in Rian we only met because of my trucks and we have become good friends . We both help each other with our builds and learn off each other as well . The next thing is cost this is were his friendship is good and bad I have had an MX5 for on out 10 years it's been off the road for about 4 years as I got the mercedes convertible to drive so the mx5 just sat at my mums place then over here a couple of years ago . He decided to give me a big push and stick its picture on the UK threads that he goes on with a for sale notice . Well yesterday the car went to a new home . I had restored it about 8 years ago and it was the last car I painted before the body shop I ran shut down due to the land being sold off by the local government they got.£63 million for it because it was in London . The money I got for the car will come in handy for truck parts as we get so ripped off with import tax all the parts we buy we almost have to double the cost price by the time they have landed in the Uk
This is the car going off to its new home

Last edited by mjh1965; 06-07-2014 at 01:42 AM. Reason: No picture
mjh1965 is offline   Reply With Quote