View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #316
aotte1

Re: The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Factory Correct Restoration Thread

Power Brake Booster Color

What is the correct color for '64 power brake booster, is it black, what level of gloss? We can make this an answer for '60 to '66 power brake booster color.

Have seen a few photos of this style booster on trucks that were not black, rather plated.

60-66 posted earlier, in another thread on I6 power steering, a photo of his '63 NOS booster, it looks like it is gloss or semi-gloss black.

60-66, responded to PM on this question with the following answer, posting here to share information.
Quote:
"I have only seen, or have, one plated booster and its on my 63 1 ton panel. All the NOS ones I have are semi gloss black. My 66 GMC came factory ordered and the gold 66 4x4 was factory ordered with PB and both are semi gloss black, similar to Chevy inner fenders etc. Usually on cars, the Delco boosters were plated and the Bendix boosters were black. I just haven't seen but one or two plated ones ever on trucks.
A few photos of one I am using, the rod connecting to cab brake lever is gold cad., have not cleaned it at all yet.

thanks,
Les
Attached Images

Last edited by aotte1; 03-28-2016 at 09:57 AM.
aotte1 is offline   Reply With Quote