View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
snj8198

Re: NV4500 to NP205 question.

crap i forgot about the shifter bracket! you will need this and it can be had from AA. I got mine from Gear Tech HD when i ordered my complete package (sorry i cant seem to find a part number in my receipts). It bolts to 2 flange bolts and a top cover bolt and incorporates a boss for the tcase shifter bolt, but this raises a couple of guestions for you.

1st: what is your current seat combo? clearance for the shifter with my bracket is tight using a bench.

2nd: are you seriously considering installing a doubler at this time or in the near future? you will need the appropriate shifters thus a different bracket.

These are not real big issues but something to be mindful of. If all fails look into cable shifters. They are sweet! but pricey.

Your NV is a '93, this is the wide ratio model that has pros and cons; it has the ultra deep 6.34:1 first gear ratio (vs 5.61:1) which as we know is great for crawling but makes for wider ratio from both 1st to 2nd gear as well as a wider spread from 2nd to 3rd which i found is not as friendly on the street. My buddys torguey diesel does fine with this trans but another's underpowered small block struggles especially when under load.

Finally what are you doing for a clutch setup? -steve