View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #14
350TacoZilla

Re: New to me 66 c10 4x4

LOL yeah the good old mystery of what did the PO (or 5 PO's) do to this truck I just got. Even if its an original frame but has all updated parts like that it will probably be a great truck to drive year round. I'm not a purist usually unless it is an extreme case like you bought an all original survivor that looks like it has 5 original miles and rolled off the dealer lot yesterday type of deal.

On the np203 thing they are ok for a normal use truck but the only thing I worry about when you get a truck that has it and lockouts is if the PO installed the part-time 4x4 kit in transfercase or if they thought just adding hubs was good enough. If not it can affect the life on np203 and also cause it to have some odd problems while in 4x4 once worn badly (like front wheels get power but rears dont).The part time conversion kit is like $50 at summit or any 4x4 shop can get them I bet but it does mean tearing into transfer case.

I love the stance it has along with good looking paint and wheel\tire combo on it.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote