A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
Looks good Chris!
Thanks, one step forward, two steps back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Looking good Chris, I was going to ask what the problem was with the passenger side header but you answered it already! You plan on trying to modify it or are you going to go with something else? These are the speedway engineering headers, correct? How’s the clearance look with the steering shaft on the driver side header?
Yup, Speed Engineering. Not sure what I’ll do with them at this point. I think I could re-flange it and get it to fit, just not sure what it would do to plug wire clearance. Steering shaft clearance pics below, plenty of space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
The 2010+ Camaro headers work great....just sayin'.....
The manifolds do fit well, but hard to beat the torque kick you get with long tubes
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
I'm running the dirty dingo low compressor mount with my SD7 compressor. Plenty of compressor for a single cab. Just sayin'

Oh, and I'm not sure about the dropmember, but the Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers for LS swaps fit great in my 71.
The DD setup does look like the right option, it’s just $350 I wasn’t planning on spending...

I’m also looking at other header options, the DTs are nice. Gonna chew on this for a bit
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote