View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 11:43 PM   #98
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Undercoating in a can sucks. I'll start with that. I had a partial can and sprayed the bottom side of the foot box panel. It wasn't drying. Look at the can and it says it takes a day to dry. Wow. Turns out it wasn't quite a full day but it wasn't getting installed that day for sure. And it was dark brown, not black. At least it's paintable. I got one piece in.

Ok, try a different can. It says it dries in an hour. Not even close. I think it's slower than the other one. I'll check it tonight before I go to bed. I've got other panels I intended to undercoat but now I'm debating what to spray on them. I'm waiting to do the rest of the floor until I get the fuel and brake lines run.

Made a little progress on the brake system. Master cylinder is on. Front hoses are on. I got the proportioning valve off the mustang and made a simple bracket to mount it. I ordered a brake push rod that is adjustable. I might end up taking the pedal box out again to modify the brake pedal to get more leverage for the manual brakes. I'll need to get another couple short brake lines to replace the ones from the master cylinder. Rebending the originals isn't a good option.

Hoping to finish the brake lines next week. The gas tank should be mounted also. I need to review the coyote install instructions for the fuel system. I don't know if what they supplied in the kit is adequate. They're kinda small.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote