View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 09:36 PM   #223
clinebarger

Re: Clinebarger, Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry593 View Post
Recently picked up a '92 700R4 coded for an R truck or G Van.

Upon teardown, I discovered the solenoid to be plugged with a ball and the wire harness missing. Checking the pump, I did not find a non-l/u valve.

Removing the valve body, I found it has a complete TCC valve kit and this does not match a '92 transmission.

There casting code on the valve body is 4256. The body has 2 holes retaining the 1-2 shift valve bushings. It also has a "B" stamped into the casting. Upon teardown, I found it has a two piece, lo-range downshift valve as you show in the pic above^

My question is whether this valve body really is compatible with my '92 case, seperator plate "EA" and auxillary valvebody. It is difficult to say whether the previous builder knew what they were doing as I got it as a "rebuild gone bad". The 3/4 stack was completely smoked, but I also found the 3/4 piston seal lip torn about 1/2".

Any insight is appreciated!
The solenoid is plugged so the TCC can operate without power to the TCC Solenoid, Pure laziness on the part of the builder/installer, Get a new TCC Solenoid & wire it to a Dual Pole Brake Switch like I stated earlier in this thread when using a Converter Shift Valve in the Valve Body.

A Type-I Valve body is 100% compatible with a '92 case, But you need a different Separator plate (EA is a '92 Plate code) & INSTALL Checkball #9.
A Trans-Go 700-P plate is the easiest way to accomplish this, You will only plug 1 hole (Because you have Aux. Valve Body) DO NOT install #5 Checkball in the Valve Body "Bath-Tub"

Plate differences....Note the 2 round holes (Detent & Lo) on a Type I Plate, And 1 Square hole (Detent) on a Type II Plate, GM made it square so even if #9 Checkball is installed...It will not seal. If it had a Round Detent Hole, You could just drill a new "Lo" hole....But that is not the case.

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote