View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 11:42 AM   #285
ShortbedClayton

Dang it’s been forever since I posted on here. Apologies to the people that were following along.. so two things happened that took the wind outta my sails and moved this project on hold for the time being. I poured a crap ton of money and time and effort into this truck over the past 3-4 years.. the first big set back is I got the bed painted and did my Bedliner. Installed the bed and rolled outside and sadly the blue on the bed is nowhere close to matching the rest of the truck. That needs to be repainted. So after tht ordeal I figured I’d finish up everything in the front end and get interior installed. Well after spending numerous hours trying to get the hood to close I had my paint guy come try a crack at it. We have come to the conclusion that at some point in the trucks life that I used the frame from was hit on the passenger side and pushed the front of the frame over to the drivers side about 1.5-2”. He assured me a good frame shop can pull that back to true with ease just a matter of scheduling and hauling there.. so at this point after putting close to 30k into this build I since put it in the pole barn and it has been sitting since august there. Got engaged in October of 2022 and planning a wedding for 2023 and anticipating buying property off my dad I don’t know when I will get back on this truck. Dreaming of this build for years and just one thing after another. I know it’s part of the process for a one off truck but my inexperience in building a truck from the ground up really showed here. Just a bummer but I will finish it at some point.. just wanted to update my thread as I miss the interaction with the board members tht have been following the build …
Posted via Mobile Device
ShortbedClayton is offline   Reply With Quote