View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #6
catch2otwo

Re: I called deaver springs today..

Quote:
Originally Posted by weider1717 View Post
It took 7 attempts throughout the day but I finally got someone to answer at nearly closing time. They do not offer anything under 4" for our trucks, I asked for a 2.5" spring. I'm sure they're a VERY nice spring but the guy I spoke to seemed very short and arrogant. He mentioned he recommends upgrading the front shackle if I go with his springs? I went on to simply ask if I go the 4" route these these are custom how much + or - from 4" is typical with their springs and he did not like that he responded "if you ask for 4" thats what I'm going to give you" but with an attitude.

Passing my expierence along but they may be worth the attitude, lol.
There is no way for him or you to know how much over or under stock height his springs would lift your truck. 4inch is 4 inch, its not like they are some cheapy overseas spring company.

With that said, maybe you caught him after he had to deal with some other annoying guy or 100 other reasons, but thats life, we all have bad days at work.

I've ridden in lifted trucks with deavers and good shocks (king, fox) with quality thought out suspensions that are built with geometry in mind. They rode 1000000x better than your average off the shelf 4-6 inch lift. I had a 3/4 ton 4in off the shelf lift and it rode like garbage compared to these other trucks that had quality parts. I wouldnt be so quick to pass on the deavers, they make a great product.
catch2otwo is offline   Reply With Quote