View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 04:57 AM   #90
jaros44sr

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdailey View Post
Yeah, my lovely better half asked me this weekend "how much money did I have tied up in my "project" now?"

Hindsight is always 20/20 they say. I was just telling msgross the other night that you never buy a truck from a guy that owns a junkyard.

I'm learning as I go thanks to this board. I'm basically doing this truck as a tribute to my grandfather. He had a '72 2wd olive green one.

I was there from '92-'96. It was my primary duty station, but of course being a grunt (0311) I travelled all over....Japan, Korea, California, Alaska, Cuba, Australia. I kick myself in the butt for getting out because my 20 years would've been up in 3 years.
Sorry it took so long to get back to ya, but I was trying to hook up my electric water pump...

Never, ever admit to her how much ya have invested

Nice tribute to your Grandfather, mine is being built for my Father. My '62 Chevy was stolen from in front of my house on Mother's Day, we found it later in a train station, a total write off...I went off to boot camp, then ITR, came back home on leave after about 6 months and there sitting in our driveway was my '62 all painted and restored. Of course it had the factory tires and hubcaps, which I quickly switched out for Crager S/S's and wide tires, but he did have all the rest of the car right

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote