View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #28
MadManAndrew

Re: Project Stupid Move - A rebuild for the Boy

Wow. I remember following this thread back when but I forgot about it. Hadn't seen it since before the boy got his ticket. About a month after I got my license, I got a ticket for going 33mph over the limit. Since it was a "paced" ticket I tried to lie to the judge (to be fair, they didn't make me swear on the bible first), that wasn't a good idea.

"So you're telling me that my deputy, who I've been good friends with for twenty years now, lied about how fast you were going just to teach you a lesson?"

"No, I'm just telling you I wasn't going that fast."

In Texas, after 25mph over the limit, they can stick you with the maximum penalties allowed in every aspect, and she did with everything but jail time. $500 fine, 20 hours community service, 6 months probation, and mandatory defensive driving.

When I sent in my completed defensive driving certificate and community service form after 2 and a half months with a letter explaining that I wouldn't be able to make it to my scheduled 3 months court date because I had finals, the court clerk called the next day saying the judge had decided to end my probation early and expunge the ticket from my record for my "good behavior".

I guess she thought I learned my lesson. Do we ever learn our lesson?

2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB Duramax Diesel

American by birth, TEXAN by the GRACE OF GOD
MadManAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote