View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #124
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

I appreciate the comments guys! Thanks for following along on this journey.

I did get a little work done the last couple of nights, but no pictures for the efforts. Yesterday I was finally able to get our local HVAC company over for a quote on a heat pump setup for the shop. Originally I had planned on doing a mini-split, but he was confident(and I trust his opinion), the full size unit would perform better in the space. I was also told they could mount the inside unit, up on the wall to keep floor space open. Price came in more than I had budgeted, so it may set me back on a lift purchase for a while...but, I've survived this long without one, right?

Also had the overhead door guy show up last night to get my door issues squared away. He went the full mile, reset all the tracks, rewound the springs, and checked everything over. Great guy to work with.

Back to Francis. I did make some progress on the cab, everything has been taped and has at least 1 coat of Champagne Mist. My boys were in the shop last night, so I didn't want to do any painting, so I started putting down the FatMat RattleTrap Xtreme sound/heat deadener I had left over from the Z28 build. About the time I was done with the back of the cab, the overhead door guy showed up, so that brought progress to a screeching halt.

My other interior panels and stuff should be arriving today. I fully expect to have the exhaust built over the axle, cab interior partially assembled, cab back on the frame, brake lines finished, and time for a few beers this weekend.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote