View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #11
blackedoutharley
Account Suspended

Re: 1966 c10 speakers

When I did my stereo everybody said "you cant have a sub with the tank in the cab'....

HOGWASH!!!!!

I don't have pics and it's raining cats and dogs here but here is what is in the truck. '65 C-10

Kenwood KDCX-815 Excelon deck in dash with Excelon 10 disc changer under passenger side seat. One Kenwood 4 channel amp (forget model #) for speakers and one Alpine Mrt-305 2 ch amp for the sub mounted under drivers side.

6.5" Bostons mounted in forward portion of doors and 6X9" Polk 2 ways in rear portion of door.. insulated doors, door panels, floor and back of cab with aluminum sided bubble wrap and then installed carpet kit.

Alpine amp is bridged and powering a passive 6.5" Bazooka Tube which is standing up on end on passenger side of cab next to the tank.. deck has 3 sets of pre-outs and one is non-fading for the sub. This is not a competition set up by any means but it rocks and the bazooka tube inside the small cab absolutely pounds with very little power going to it (100 watts max) & best of all no cutting!
Given the limitations of the cab and still having the tank in there this was the best option.. I plan on moving the tank which will make this setup only better.

Give it a try, the bazooka tube is less than $100.00 new and works great. This set up was installed about 9 years ago (I got the deck from a buddy that worked for Kenwood 7 months before it was available anywhere else).

If you are local you are welcome to check it out and take photos for your use.
blackedoutharley is offline   Reply With Quote