View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #5
spacedebris

Re: Buying a truck from Mexico - Tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh1956 View Post
Man you better call your local tag office & ask them.
Remember that Reason & Common Sense does NOT abide there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
If he wants to sell it tell him to bring it to Chula Vista or San Ysidro with the title and you'll meet him there. Never, never, never trust something that is too good to be true. It isn't. I see your in Arizona = Nogales US side.

+1

Remember a majority of the stolen cars and trucks, especially in the border states, and ESPECIALLY prior to 2001, ended up in mexico and other central american countries. I'd be VERY concerned about it being stolen. Even if the person your dealing with is honest, he may have purchased it not knowing it was stolen. I'd ask for the vin number and have the local DMV run a check to see if it is OK to register, and before paying, double check that the vin matches what is on the frame. $250 sounds like a great deal on the surface but it may be just a small price for a LOT of trouble. Personally it would have to be the deal of a lifetime of LIFETIMES for me to even consider making a Mexico used car purchase.
1960 c30 Apache Panel w/ '95 cummins bt6 turbo diesel (work in progress) NOTE: due to photobucket trying to extort money my photos are temporarily unavailable. currently looking for alternative to fix issue.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=523009

Last edited by spacedebris; 11-21-2018 at 10:22 PM.
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote