View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 11:27 PM   #2
In The Ten Ring

Re: "In the ten ring" great to deal with!!!

Brother, it was my pleasure.

I didn't log my time and it will be hard to believe, but each crate took several days and up to 8 hours a day to build. I work very slowly....each screw has a pilot hole and I squared each crate to within about 1/8 of an inch. I centered each door skin and evenly spaced each and every screw symmetrically. Yes, I am that OCD.

I considered staining the crates but then I realized that was just insane. (I'm kidding, I never considered that).

If I was truly a good Samaritan, I would have done it without charge at all for my time. So don't brag on me too much!

I'm just glad my crazy ideas on packing worked as planned. I knew (or figured) that if I depended on packing peanuts or bubble wrap alone, I couldn't make it work. That first crate, with some bubble wrap, was a mistake......I did not repeat it on crate 2 and was able to return that bubble wrap for a refund.

Originally, I had planned to just frame the crates, leaving the top, bottom, and sides open. But I soon thought better of that and I think it was the right decision to go the full Monty.

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 06-14-2016 at 11:36 PM.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote