View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 09:50 PM   #304
84 Beast

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Crew Cabs Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Welcome to the board! We have a diesel conversion section here in the engine section. The hyper link at the bottom of my signature will take you there. Feel free to post a thread on there. There are several 81-87s with Cummins engines in them. At least 1 24v for sure. I'm sure we can guide you in the right direction. I have a 76 that has one in it but it is a project and on hold. I have done 3 squares besides my own so far. Your truck is in great shape. We don't get to see that here much.
Need some help if possible. The 24 valve I got was from a wrecking yard so its fairly complete, the wiring harness has the headlight circuit on it. Long story short, I was wondering if someone sells a harness to take into consideration that I am dropping it into an 84K 30 and don't have a need for all those sensors.

Also, if the harness exists do they include an option for a GM alternator. Which GM alternator would work for that truck.

Finally, would it be cheaper to do the p-pump conversion or to get the factory VP44 pump going. Just looking to have it as daily for now.
84 Beast is offline   Reply With Quote