View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #64
weq92f

Re: Haggerty Insurance turned me down

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
FWIW, ...
<snip>
I told the guy it wasn't really stock, that it had been modernized as far as engine, trasmission and some comfort stuff in the cab. I did not mention specifics like HP, CID or cost. Also told him that it's got upgraded brakes and suspension for ride/handling/safety, again no specifics. Definitely let him know that the truck isn't close to stock original.

No issue at all and the price, well... I have no frame of reference other than the coverage I was paying for it through Allstate. The Hagerty premium is only slightly more than what Allstate was charging me. I'm very pleased with that. I could have said no to the 1500 spare parts coverage, towing and such for 60 bucks/year. That said, the 60 bucks is a pretty good percentage of the overall premium, if that tells you anything!

-klb
Got a call today from Hagerty. Having a BBC installed makes it 'Modified' which brings the premium up about 70%. It's still a good price at less than 500 a year, but... Full disclosure brings me back to this thread.

Just like all insurance, the initial policy is really just a first stab. After that, they are free to claim what they want and raise the rate accordingly.

Note here that I explained that it wasn't stock the day the policy was written. If you go for a Hagerty policy, try real hard to get them to write the correct policy at the beginning.

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote