View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 03:59 PM   #65
mr48chev

Re: put your build thread in your signature

This thread should be a reread every once in a while for all of us and a must read for new folks.

The same group of us end up answering most questions. We each tend to have our particular area of expertiese or interest and clear and concise questions with info on what you are working on as a reminder or your listing of your GM trucks or links to your build threads helps. Putting what truck you are working on and what parts or engine or trans you are asking about in the first paragraph lets us know what rig we should be thinking about. That gets Joedoe's attention if it is an S-10 swap question, a couple of others if it is an LS question, a few others if you are doing a traditional build. Although I have 50 years of owning AD trucks and years as a mechanic in various shops plus 13 years of teaching auto mechanics, a lot of the time my real skill is researching sources to find the correct answer. That and a fair part of the time I grab the camera and run (well lets say walk) out to take a photo to help explain something.

Well presented and complete questions get better answers faster.

Clear and quality photos of what you are asking about get better answers when we need to see what you are asking about rather than visualize.

Last and maybe most important. START A NEW THREAD and don't dig up a several year old thread and tack your question on the back of it even if the thread is about a similar item. People will answer the first question in that 10 year old thread and some don't take the time to scroll though the thread to the last comment or question. We would rather see a new fresh thread with your specific question that you started and that ends up with the correct answer and then drifts off into cyber space than sort though pages of comments to find your question tacked on the back of a thread that is maybe ten years dead. That happens a lot more on the HAMB than here as google often brings up a Hamb thread in a search. Still it is often how new folks find this group if one of us didn't invite them from somewhere else.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote