Thread: '63 GMC Project
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #261
kieth

Re: '63 GMC Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post
Thanks guys! Unfortunately I'm having some trouble with the windshield gasket. Back in June I took it to have the windshield gasket replaced with a new one I got from Classic Parts. It turned out to be extremely twisted and the installer couldn't get the trim pieces back on. So I drove it home without the trim pieces in and it looked horrible. The next week I ordered a new seal from Steele Rubber at the Good Guys show (July 9), it just arrived at my house 2 weeks ago, 4 months later! I dropped the truck off at the installer 4 days ago and called him the next day and he tells me the new gasket is even worse than the old one and he was trying to get the old one back on. He also says I may end up having to order a new gasket without the trim and just not use the trim at all. I am so P.O.ed right now.

He just does not want to do it, it is hard to do, let him order the gasket....or get another glass guy....

My glass man told me 150.00 to install a windshield with the chrome trim and he said it was a royal pain in the ass.......and he is a hot rod guy and a friend...(i already have the windshield)
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote