View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 07:48 AM   #15
SCOTI

Re: Time Out: 70 El Camino Side Project

Thanks guys!

The drivetrain was back in but now the accessories & wiring had to be finished out. Once again the process was slow (it was hard to align the multiple schedules, logistics, & ma-nature).

We cleaned-up & used some 3/4 length Headman headers I had sitting on the shelf to address our previous low header collector issue. I vetoed utilizing the mis-matched pulleys from before as we were definitely on track & I did not want them to stick out like a sore thumb (the billet water-pump pulley was the wrong era & paint would never stick to the chrome crank pulley well). I ordered a set of replacement OE steel pulleys & cleaned/painted them for installation.

We also started really sorting through the wiring. We wanted to streamline & 'hide' what was possible as well as correct the internal alt upgrade that wasn't exactly done to standard. Trying to pin-point what wires were what took some research. Splices, faded colors, & inconsistent web sourced schematics had us going over things multiple times. We continued to push forward & eventually got things figured out.

The External regulator wiring is now properly spliced in place w/extra wiring corrected. The alt wiring was re-routed for better visual appeal. Exposed engine compartment wiring on the driver’s side was hidden where possible & routed for better visual appeal. Maxi fuses have been installed for circuit protection as well as inline fuses where necessary. The headlight wiring was cleaned-up & better routed. New custom made battery cables & better grounds were installed & routed for better visual appeal.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote