View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 09:11 PM   #49
AZ Chev

Re: OCHRE 72 K20 Restoration

So I took all of the body panels to be sand blasted before rust repairs begin. I plan to start with a clean canvas, and once rust repairs are complete, the plan is to epoxy powder coat primer the whole body before re-assembling for fitment, then she comes back apart and goes to paint and body.

After removing the body, I found a little surprise. The transfer case adapter is cracked and has been brazed. One more item to add to the order list.

The frame looks great with no rust what soever, and no cracks. The loose front cross member is the only issue so far. Rad. support is rusted below battery, but repairable. It is being shipped out with the body panels for repair, and powder coating.

The last picture is of the battery cable. The object the cable is mounted to was loose, and there isn't an obvious location for re-attachment. Can anyone help on this? is this part original to the truck, and if so, can someone share a picture of where it goes? If original, was this part only present on the passenger's side? Driver's side didn't have one. It seems some time back I found a thread that mentioned these on this forum, and if my memory serves me correctly, it was a part for a 2wd truck, but I can't find it now.

Until next time....
Attached Images

AZ Chev is offline   Reply With Quote