View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:04 AM   #7
PHOENIX

Re: Power steering fluid in the brake reservoir.

I drove the car for about 2 miles after I sucked out most of the fluid and replaced it. I then drove about 15 miles. I ran about 32oz of new brake fluid through the master cylinder with the brake lines off. I then bled the master cylinder.

I must not have done a very good job bleeding the MC because the brakes are a bit spongy. It stops pretty well, but the pedal is not as firm as I would like. When the engine is off and you press or pump the pedal a few times its rock hard, but when the car is running its a bit spongy.

I'll get a price from the shop across from my work to flush and bleed the entire system. Its never been done and the car has 80-90k on it, so its probably not a bad idea anyway. If my back wasn't bugging me so much lately I'd just do it myself. Plus with sharing the car right now I really wouldn't have time to do it until after 8PM or the weekend.

The only damage I know for sure is a little spot on the rubber under the cap. Its a little bubble. I'm not real concerned about it as it doesn't appear weaker than the rest, but Ill check it the next few days.

Last edited by PHOENIX; 09-03-2008 at 02:06 AM.
PHOENIX is offline   Reply With Quote