View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 11:55 PM   #203
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

I got the transmission in and got it back on the road last weekend. So now I can finally finish the break-in of my engine, which should happen with the driving that I will do this weekend.

One of the things that has been bothering me since I bought the Blazer was the fact that the previous owner had mounted a trailer hitch directly to the back bumper and broken the bumper brackets. In his infinite wisdom, he welded the broken bumper brackets directly to the frame rails in the position that they were in at the time. I haven't been looking forward to trying to cut out the gorilla welds without messing up the frame rails. I already had a re-pop back bumper and I recently bought a set of NOS Blazer bumper brackets on eBay and finally got around to cutting out the old and bolting in the New... Old Stock!

Here's a Before and After of the rear bumper. Hopefully nobody accuses me of having a body lift on a lowered Blazer anymore.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 03-22-2018 at 11:31 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote