View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Maximus

Re: Maximus's 1972 K5 Blazer 4X4 Build Thread

its pretty nice overall. The photos make the paint look a little better than it is, but its still a pretty honest little truck.
It sucks that a previous had an ignition wire break on him so he just parked the truck instead of diagnosing it. it sat for 15 years with its nose up against a pine tree. this is why the windshield, cowl and floor fronts are rusted. otherwise our beautiful California sun would have kept it solid.
I have soo many projects that I am not going to do any MAJOR build on this one. mainly I will enjoy it as it is, and when the time becomes available try to cut the front floor corners out, assess the damage and replace.

It has a single wall top but its in less-than-desireable condition so im going to keep my eye out locally for a nicer one, maybe even one without a rattle-can makeover. Ocher looks brilliant with a white top, but im not feeling the black one.
may take a pressure washer to the top to see if the paint sticks or not, but we will see.

Mainly I have just been looking for a running 1st gen K5 for like 5 years, and they have all been out of my price range. when I saw this one i had to jump on it.

Ill try to get some more pictures here soon, spent over an hour cleaning out all of the 'gunk' from the PO, it was not taken care of as nicely as I would have liked...

Last edited by Maximus; 10-06-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote