View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #16
nikwho

Re: PWR STR PMP Fitting Confusion

I had very similar struggles when trying to find a pump that had the reservoir that I needed and the fitting that would fit the existing pressure line that my truck has. I was frustrated, as it was the last thing keeping my truck from driving after my engine swap. The steering pumps that NAPA had came with the fittings. The pump that they had that came with that he right fitting, didn't have the correct fitting. The guys at NAPA probably pulled 20 power steering pumps! And about three of that hehe were working on it with me. I got frustrated and just bought two pumps; one with the mounting stud/configuration and the older style reservoir that worked with and cleared my high drivers side alternator brackets, and a second pump that came with the newer fitting that fit my pressure line. I got them home, took them apart and built one pump that works. So, it cost double, but the guys helped me out on price quite a bit, since I had to buy two pumps to make it work. Won't be nearly the issue if I need to replace it, as I'll have the fitting and appropriate reservoir now, and will just need to make sure that the mounting configuration is correct. In hind sight, I wish that I would have just changed to a stock alternator mount.