View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #70
jocko

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post
Jocko, luv the thread. One minor clarification request - didn't the Super option come out late in the 1971 model year? Thought I read that somewhere. That would make it a 1.5 or 1.25 year option rather than 2 years. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe you are correct Tristan. I guess I just meant you could get one in 71 or 72 - but good point, the 71 should be a little more rare as a post-rollout release. I KNEW I shoulda held onto ol greenie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydurango View Post
Here's mine. Most of you have seen it before, but then I never get tired of looking at Jocko, DeadheadNM, or ChevyLand's trucks either, so...

A few things not original on this truck, according to the SPID - someone added tach and tilt later, and I've changed from the PO's rally wheels to white steelies with dog dish caps, ignoring the original P01 full wheel covers. One repaint, I think, but in original colors. I've converted to HEI, and will be changing a few other small things. But largely this truck looks and feels "original" - as in, not a true survivor, but most mods done in keeping with the original spirit of the factory build. No LS swaps or lift kits (unlike my last truck).
That's an awesome truck, love everything about it!

[quote=71CHEVYSHORTBED402;7849374]The steering wheel is a replacement? In other terms, was black an option with blue interior?

Black wheel and column is correct on a tilt truck like yours. Non-tilt would have had both blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
My preference is black as opposed wood grain. Olive being the exception, especially dark. The interior on that 71 is first rate.
Thanks Tony - that 71 was gonna be a keeper, but then I stumbled onto the Highlander I have and had to make room - used to move around a lot and it got pricey to ship a fleet... So I had to kinda flip my planned frame-off quickly before it ever got that far. Before and after pics below - it was a real fun quick project. I liked the "hidden Super" effect of a 71 Super that is also a Custom Camper. Are you referring to the lower belt molding (black vs woodgrain) or are you referring to a black truck's glovebox door? Wasn't sure what you were referring to in with black vs woodgrain.
Attached Images

jocko is online now   Reply With Quote