View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #50
matt.quest21

Re: Matt's 1970 C10 Thread

It's been almost a month since my last post. I don't have many updates but I wanted to atleast post something.

I have ordered some 10" pneumatic tires to build a cart for my Cab. That is all I am lacking to have the chassis bare. Well that and the transmission. I hope to be able to lift the cab off in a week or so. I'm working in our two car garage, so I want to be able to pull the cab in and out as I need it. I think this cart with the pneumatic tires will be the right tool for the job.

I'm also in the middle of building a 5x10 utility trailer to haul parts around. My father-in-law is helping with this endeavor. It is my first attempt at welding, but with his help I think it will be a great trailer. We have the main frame built and the axle attached. Once the rain quits we will paint, install the floor boards, and fab up the rails.

The trailer project has definitely convinced me that I could probably do most of the welding needed on my truck. So there may be a welder purchase in my near future.

No pics this time. Y'all have a good week!