View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #269
LEEVON

Re: Project "Popeye"

Behold a miracle! I have worked on the truck again! I finally got my garage shop in order (except the workbench of course, it wouldn't be right if that was clean).

I dove into a dirty job that I haven't been looking forward to, putting the manual trans clutch and brake pedal assembly in. It was a pain like I expected but worked out pretty slick. I bought a whole 67-72 manual trans conversion set-up from a board member with the pedals, linkages and all. I will be mounting a corvette 7" booster and m/c that I actually bought with an underfloor assembly. Underfloor won't work because the pedal hits the clutch fork.

I modified the pedal assembly to mount to the firewall by basically cutting off both ends and plating them, one flush with the firewall and the other under the dash. I was also able to reinforce the dash side to a support and the firewall with a couple of piece of 1.5x1.5 angle. It's plenty sturdy and the pedals fall in the right place. At first glance the z-bar and linkages will take a little work but I think it will fall into place.

Real hot rods have four pedals!!!!!!!!