View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #9
kcsa75

Re: NAPA disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGoat1966 View Post
I guess I should be thankful to have a good NAPA store where I shop.
The counter guys really know their stuff, and won't hesitate to make the extra effort required to insure every customer leaves satisfied.
Your NAPA store sounds like the local autozone here, where a requirement to get hired is you must not know anything about cars, you gotta be slow in the customer service department, ignore as many customers for as long as you can, and work on your own car in the parking lot on company time while there are customers standing inside waiting for service.

Autozone came to my neighborhood a couple years ago. I went there for the first time to check in out and found just what MountainGoat1966 described. I went back once or twice just in case I had an isolated case, but little changes.

I get most of my parts from Advance Auto. They have a very good website. You can order online, pick up in the store in 20-30 minutes and if you use a discount code (Google Advance Auto discount code) you can save a boatload of bucks. There is a store near my office and two others near the house, so they're also convenient.

My experience at NAPA is just as the others have described. It was a better experience than Autozone, but no better than Advance Auto or O'Reilly. I'm not convinced the parts are any better quality and they're a lot more money.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote