View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #16
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: Our Custom Blazer Build By Livrat Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckseats View Post
I bought this 1970 blazer from Mark some years ago. At the time he had already converted it from 4wd to 2wd. We agreed that when I received the blazer it would be running and driving under the power of a 350 small block and have all of the rust fixed. We got a little side tracked!

After talking with and working with Mark it became obvious to me that he was the only one to do the build for us, although at the time I didn't have a real clear vision on which direction I wanted to go. I knew I wanted a fairly quick, somewhat obnoxious 2wd blazer. Not so obnoxious it was a chore to drive but more of an attention getter. Mark nailed it!

We ended up upgrading to a 454 with Edelbrock Performer RPM Cam and RPM Air Gap Intake. Stans Tri-Y Headers breathing through 2 1/2" stainless pipe and stainless Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers. Turbo 400 transmission with shift kit and a B&M Holeshot 3000 RPM stall converter. We also added a 3.73 posi rear end.

Added factory tilt, tachometer, and vacuum gauges. Upgraded to a Flaming River tilt column with a Budnik steering wheel to match the Budnik wheels. We also had Mark change out the dash for us and add factory air.

The front suspension has 2 1/2" drop spindles and shortened coil springs. The rear has been relocated on top of the stock springs.

The wheels are Budnik Teardrops. 20" x 8.5" in the front and 20" x 10" in the rear. Toyo proxes tires.

In the end Mark completed a complete frame off restoration for us. The frame was powercoated and not a single bolt was left untouched. The amount of metal work Mark did on this build was truly amazing. The pictures he sent were scary and impressive! We have well over a thousand pictures and hopefully we will both continue to add some more pictures to this thread. I hope to do the interior this winter and have it ready for spring.

I definitely look forward to our next project with Livrat Customs!
I got to see this blazer first hand. So nice. This i believe is Marks last blazer build also.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote