View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #69
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Thanks for the compliment!

The ride quality is a little better and more comfortable than when it was stock height. I also replaced every wear item while I was lowering it and added a sway bar to the front so it is definitely more "confidence inspiring" now while driving. The extra weight in the back does bring it down a little lower in the rear than trucks that I have put the same kit on, which is why I have a c-notch waiting to go in after I get it back from my painter. It does still have just a little rake to it on flat ground (front lower). My Blazer is right at 14 5/8" to 14 3/4" at all 4 wheels from the center of the hub to the highest part of the wheel opening, which with the front wheel opening going higher up into the body than the rear gives it just enough of a "hot rod" rake to it.

Here is a photo of it on the trailer getting ready to go in for an alignment which is a little better at showing the actual rake, especially when you look at the trim compared to the side rail of the trailer. It is strapped down in the pic, but the suspension is free to move so that is the actual rake or very close to it.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 07-29-2017 at 09:46 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote